Sampson Morris Group’s story starts with A.L. Sampson, a successful builder in Pittsburgh back in the early 1900’s. He built homes and commercial buildings like the Hebron School in Penn Hills. He and his wife Annie raised a family of twelve. Four of their sons, Orin, Glenn, Harold and Stanley were known locally as “Sampson Brothers” who, following WWII, built over 30,000 homes in the Pittsburgh area.
In 1960, Orin and his sons Myles and Ben were responsible for much of the development in the new Eastern suburbs of Pittsburgh. Although they began as residential builders, they soon expanded to building retirement communities, retail shopping centers, and commercial office and warehouse buildings — now known as ‘flex-parks’.
In 1996, Ben Sampson and Michael Morris formed a partnership, Sampson Morris Group, which now manages the entire real estate investment portfolio. A 4th generation of family members, Jeremy Sampson, and Clayton Morris are now active in the business. With this generational investment, Pittsburgh is not only Sampson Morris Group’s future, it is our heritage.